Saturday, March 13, 2004

Shanty Town Rule!

Went to Son's mum's 50th party tonight. Son's brother Matt along with Martin Bentley, Jason O'Sullivan and another guy (whoops!) have formed this band called(as above!) Shanty Town - this was there first gig and they played their own stuff except for one song ('have a nice day' - which kind of gives you a feel for their sound) and can I just say - it kicked the proverbial derier!!! They were amazing - especially the last song. Starts as a piano slow thing and ends in a massive guitar solo etc - ssooooo cool. I've known these guys since they were little and boy are they talented!

Met a lady at the party who I haven't seen in years (from church) and she remembered who I was and even got my name right! Wohoo - some people manage to not get me confused with my sister's!

Got my first installment of sickpay - wooo! Healing stitches are itching like a badger so bad it actually woke me up last night! Only 3 days left with the plaster's - yey!

No comments: