Sunday, April 25, 2004

Clubs and Cars

Last night at work I remembered why I enjoy working at the club - a clear difference from Friday which could possibly have been my worst night ever!

Saturday was fa-y-b because:

* It was light when I started -which meant I felt more awake all evening!

* It was nicely busy with cheerful customers

* Music was great - with hardly any songs containing swearing (which beleive me is a rare occurence!)

* I changed the kegs by myself - ah an acheivement!

* I bumped into an old friend I worked with at Burger King about 6 years ago

* We sold more Champagne than I have ever known including the only 2 bottle's of £90 Dom Perignon!

* My feet didn't hurt too much

* I got a decent amount of tips :)

Thought I would mention another type of club goer (or general patron of pubs etc) - The Winker- (yup, that's the right vowel!) There's a lot of them out there, nearly all men. They always wink when they give you the money for the drinks - why? It doesn't mean 'take a tip', You say 'Thank you' at the same time so it doesn't mean that, It's not as if it's a dodgy transaction or anything! - so what is it for? ANYbody know?

I've been putting the under door sil's on my car, I've never had them on before, as the original set got lost. So I've had to spray these up and everything - dunnit look nice? (well, better anyway!)



Also realised after going on about the cylinder head and brake master cylinder going that a lot of people who may drop by this site may not know cars that well - so here is the start of a (Morris Minor) education:



The cylinder head is the, new looking, light green thing with the leads going into it.
(these are on the spark plugs, connecting them to the distributor cap - but that's another lesson!)