Wednesday, April 21, 2004

London Baby!

Went to Embassy to day to get Visa - now very tiiiirrreed....zzzzzz

However, I will impart these tales of my day ;)

Ended up not having to get the train down there as met Gwen (from Absolute Beginner's) at rehearsal last night and she was heading back to London that night so very kindly offered me a lift. Did mean driving abck to Wythall first though! We made a great a convoy as I, of course, was in Moffy and she was in this....


HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT THIS CAR!!!! The noise, the speed, the random way the door opens, and the fact that you're literally sat on the floor. SOOOOO COOOL! I'm sure will be well impressed - as she will also be with this random website (she has a thing about this particular B+W striped animal:))

Spent a very enjoyable evening discovering we are both geeky and I introduced her to WWDN and she showed me some v. cool animation site's (including this one - recognise the characters from the anchor ad's? well here's where it all started!) and a site called b3ta, which is also full of random stuff - feel I have now overused that word so will stop its useage!

The plan in the morning was to meet up with Robbie Jack (actor from Uni) as I haven't seen him since we graduated! So headed bravely in, with my crutches, on the tube. I would just like to point out that the only man who in the ENTIRE DAY who offerred to give up his seat for me was an AMERICAN guy on the first train I took - and people wOnder why I love AMERICANS SO MUCH!?!

Anyhoo, the British Transport service being what it is, Rob's train was about 45mins late getting in. So we spent a great 1hr or so chatting and drinking frescatti's in Waterloo station before I had to leave to get to the embassy! He's in a play in Guilford at the mo I think it's called "My Son". It starts David Hague (from 4 Weddings and a Funeral) and Belinda Lang. Rob's an understudy ASM, undertudying 4 parts eeek! It goes on tour all over the place until July, pretty cool. He also filled me in on what some other's are up to, gosh, we're a talented bunch!

So the Embassy, that place of long queues (sorry, lines!) and wierd numbering systems! Got through the security machine with no beeps (was sort of hoping my toes would set it off - that would be funny!) got in, girl on desk asked if I was 'Camp America' I said no 'ICCP' and she said I could go straight to the top of the stairs - I din't need to stop where everyone else was.
So away I went. Joined the queue, started to get a tad tetchy about 5mins in, as I realised a lot of people had grey envelope type things that I didn't. Still, the girl on the desk had said I'd be fine so I trusted her.

She lied

After about 20mins I got to the front, "great" I thought "that was pretty quick". But no, alas, I was sent right back to reception to get me a nifty grey envelope and join the line all over again, grrrr. Needless to say by this point my feet were pretty flippin' painful! There were 2 guys behind me also with ICCP, they got sent back because they didn't have all the right forms,
we got back in about the same time, so at least I didn't feel so much of a twit! I really should learn to trust that little voice inside me - if I did, believe me, it would save me a lot of time and stress. It knows when I gone the wrong way on a motorway, that I should of stopped at that petrol station and not waited for the next one, not to trust certain people whe they say everythings sorted.

- Little voices are there for a reason, we should all pay a bit more attention to them.- (yup, I'm tired....)

Long and short - I got my Visa so am all set for the States - I just have to get my plane ticket ..... lastminute.com here we come!