Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Mysterious Music

There's a piece of music which is bugging me.

I first heard it on the ST:TNG episode "Masterpiece Society", a boy was playing it as part of a piano recital.

Then 2 weeks later I watched my Dad in a play by Wythall Theatre Company, and they used it as scene change music.

Then, last night, I was watching a film - 'The Haunting of Helen Walker' and there it was again.

It's haunting, simple and very evoking. As far as I know it's by Chopin (most of the music I like without knowing the composer is by him!) but apart from that I've been unable to find out what it is. It's all truly spooky!

Have found the music - see THIS post

*Drove my car to rehearsals last night - first proper drive since the Op - wOOt!

*Moffy failed her M.O.T - fortunately only a bit of welding needs doing, so it's not too bad.

*All the frog spawn has now gone, swum of to the furthest depths of the pond!

*There's a new ST collector's thing out. It includes a DVD every week and the magazine has loads of info about the film/episodes that week. Good way to get the films and the first 3 series I think. Will give it a go anyhoo.